It’s over ten years since I put together my first web design – for one of my own sites. Happily I don’t have a record of what that looked like. Since then I have put together and hosted over 100 sites for clients that range from one-person start-ups through large UK businesses through to multinationals (to be fair one multi-national!).
In recent years I have stepped in and rescued a few companies whose old web company had gone under. I rebuilt their site and got it live again and then we’ve worked on up-dating it and ensuring it stays live.
I’ve built standard ‘brochure’ sites and complicated e-commerce sites as well as information-rich sites.
Whatever the size of your business the approach is the same.
- We work first to identify why you need a web site and what it to do for your business.
- We talk about the message you want your website to give and what you want your web site visitors to do when their on your site.
- We discuss the images and graphics you want on your website and how we’re going to get those together.
- We think about timescales that suit your schedule.
- We agree a price that is fair to us both and how I can continue to support you into the future.
- We both go away contented and, in time, you get a shiny new website that we’re both pleased with.
Once your site is live I am constantly monitoring it to ensure it stays working at that supporting software is kept up-to-date and secure. I can provide you with live web stats so you can monitor visitors, which pages they’re looking at and I can help you work on the content of your site to ensure it seen and noticed by search engines.